Not Your Typical Blog Post

This is not your typical blog post.

I am not a writer. I am not one that has a way with words or a fascinating and fresh postmodern outlook on life. Nothing about me is truly radical and the thoughts I have most likely aren't anything someone would want to publish in a magazine or journal article, or is unlikely to get many shares or "likes" on facebook.

Reading this blog post is not going to inspire you to be a great cook, photographer, poet, adventurer, or spouse. It might not even mean much to you. Who knows if you'll remember anything.

Nevertheless... I hope you do.

To me, writing this blog is a fulfillment of one of my childhood dreams of being a writer. I've been captivated by what some can achieve through a magical arrangement of words on a page.  Reading a well-written essay is like the first piping hot sip of coffee, a beautiful mixture of bliss and boldness that makes you want to take another sip to see what the rest of of the cup is going to taste like. I am envious of writers who just have a way of seducing their readers with their smooth-like-butter words and styles of prose. I can only hope to achieve that level.

So yes, I am a wanna-be blogger/writer.  My desire to reflect on my own thoughts and experiences has always been there though, despite my lack of creative expression. The hope I have through this blog is simply to share. To reflect. To wonder. To ask. To pray. To process. As I begin this endeavor (this blog, not some sort of crazy adventurous trial), to reveal more about myself is an intention, as my posts won't be nearly as purposeful if I neglect to lay out more of who I am.

I hope this is not a typical blog post. I neither intend nor expect it to be. I hope to improve my writing somewhere along the way and to express parts of life that are worth mentioning. I hope to grow through this form of processing and to maybe have those who read (if there are any) gain something, even if I am unsure if they will. That is my confession. My confession as a wannabe writer.


Comments

Popular Posts